Judges & Mentors
Our honored “Final Judges” panel is represented across the globe and across disciplines and sectors that are relevant to transportation, livable and sustainable communities, business, and social enterprise.
Members of the equally diverse Group of Top Notch Mentors have generously committed focused time with the three prize winners to advise on their particular challenges and opportunities – another great motivation to apply for and win the prize.
Judges and Mentors included:
- David Berdish, “Manager of Social Sustainability at Ford Motor Company and noted “intrapreneur”.
- Jeb Brugmann: Leading practitioner and thinker on strategy and the process of innovation; author of “Welcome to the Urban Revolution” and founding Secretary General of ICLEI, the International Council for Local Environmental Initiatives.
- Sonia F. Cadornigara: Board Member of Slum/Shack Dwellers International (SDI), Regional Coordinator for the Visayas of the Homeless Peoples Federation Phillippines Inc., Project Manager for Iloilo City ( CLIFF) Community Led Infrastrucure Finance Facility.
- Robin Chase: Voted one of Time Magazine’s Top 100 Most Influential People; Founder and former CEO of Zipcar, (the largest car sharing company in the world), GoLoco, and now BuzzCar.
- Maiyue Cheng, Lead, Urban Innovation Initiatives in China for Cisco Systems
- Philippe Crist: Administrator and senior researcher, International Transport Forum of the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD).
- Celine D’Cruz: Coordinator of Slum/Shack Dwellers International (SDI), World Fellow at Yale University, SDI representative to the World Bank based Cities Alliance, and founding member of SPARC.
- Martin Kelly: IBM Venture group and “Entrepreneurs Camp” lead
- Ashwin Mahesh: – Founder and CEO of Mapunity; Editor of India Together; Ashoka Fellow; Senior Fellow in Transportation @ Indian Instt of Science; Member of Bangalore’s planning task force (ABIDe).
- YOU: For the People’s Choice Award. Please make sure to cast a vote when the online polls open. Watch this website in April for more details.