- Our company takes the latest in technology and uses it to overcome the public mobility challenge of the last mile in public transit.
- Solar energy, wireless communications and RFID technology.
- We have designed a completely modular bike share solution flexible enough to utilise almost any two wheeled transportation device.
- To be the leading supplier of bike share control systems.
- We have launched in Miami Beach with 1000 bikes and have been the only for profit bike share world wide.
- Large deployments of bike share solutions world wide.
Does your venture meet the goals of the Prize? max. 250 words (40 points)*
Public BIke Share helps with the last mile of transportation. The US Conference of Mayors state increasing bicycle use can:
- Improve the environment by reducing the impact on residents of pollution and noise, limiting greenhouse gases, and improving the quality of public spaces.
- Reduce congestion by shifting short trips (the majority of trips in cities) out of cars. This will also make cities more accessible for public transport, walking, essential car travel, emergency services, and deliveries.
- Save lives by creating safer conditions for bicyclists and as a direct consequence improve the safety of all other road users. Research shows that increasing the number of bicyclists on the street improves bicycle safety.
- Increase opportunities for residents of all ages to participate socially and economically in the community, regardless income or ability. Greater choice of travel modes also increases independence, especially among seniors and children.
- Boost the economy by creating a community that is an attractive destination for new residents, tourists and businesses.
- Enhance recreational opportunities, especially for children, and further contribute to the quality of life in the community.
- Save city funds by increasing the efficient use of public space, reducing the need for costly new road infrastructure, preventing crashes, improving the health of the community, and increasing the use of public transport
- Enhance public safety and security by increasing the number of eyes on the street and providing more options for movement in the event of emergencies, natural disasters, and major public events.
- Improve the health and well-being of the population by promoting routine physical activity.
US Conference of Mayors, 2003.
How is your venture unique and innovative? max. 200 words (20 points)*
Our modal is to build and operate Public Bike Share solutions in local municiplaities. Our system utilizes the latest technologies to provide a solution for the last mile in an integrated public transit system.
Is your enterprise scalable or replicable? max. 150 words (20 points)*
Our system is easily scalable.
How would you demonstrate the success of your enterprise? max. 150 words (20 points)*
www.decobike.com is one of our clients.